The registration and alignment of point cloud data is often the most arduous part of 3D laser scanning. Although the tools to capture the data have become more cost-effective and easier to use, working with the point cloud data continues to hold many professionals back from achieving optimum efficiency. On large, complex projects, the workflows required for registration and alignment can add days and even weeks to the turnaround time.
Fortunately, recent software advances have dramatically streamlined this process, making it much faster and easier to go from point cloud capture to high-value deliverable.
On Tuesday, October 14, at 2 pm EDT, Leica Geosystems’ point cloud experts Mike Harvey and Bill Wallace will demonstrate an entirely new approach to the registration process using the automated and productivity enhancing tools in Leica Cyclone 9.0. In this 60-minute session, you’ll learn how to:
• Set up registration preferences for optimum performance
• Create and edit thumbnail previews for scans
• Efficiently and effectively create ScanWorld groups
• Preview scans to find appropriate matches
• Manipulate two separate scans in the Visual Alignment window
• Use visual alignment to automatically collapse groups
Whatever your experience level with point clouds, from beginner to pro, you won’t want to miss this opportunity to see how the newest software tools can help you work much faster. Watch live demos, ask questions, and learn how to unleash the power of your point clouds. Register here!